[ncl-talk] regrid from 64km to 32km

Marcella, Marc MMarcella at AIR-WORLDWIDE.COM
Fri Nov 21 12:36:07 MST 2014

Hi Dennis,

Is there a way to do this if I in fact I don’t have a destination grid file like example 20 has?  I am looking to create said destination grid file.

From: Dennis Shea [mailto:shea at ucar.edu]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2014 12:02 PM
To: Marcella, Marc
Cc: ncl-talk at ucar.edu
Subject: Re: [ncl-talk] regrid from 64km to 32km

Based on the printVarSummary which shows the named dimensions as
  [Time | 8760] x [south_north | 106] x [west_east | 123]
You hacv a WRF grid (curvilinear) grid.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml
Example 20  (also, Example 16)
This is going from high resolution to low resolution but you could just use your 64km res file as input and
specify the 'destination' 32 km grid.
Note: you are interpolating precipitation. Since it is a test, bilinear would be fine. However, the conserve method may be better for some applications.
Good luck