[ncl-talk] Mediterranean Sea masking

Giorgio Graffino giorgio.graffino at alice.it
Mon Nov 17 07:04:46 MST 2014

Dear NCL Users,
I'm trying to make a mask to obtain different plots and computations on the western and eastern part of the Mediterranean Sea; as you can see in the image attached, the basin is separated in two parts by the Sicily Strait (the red line between placemarks). I need a mask able to separate the basin exactly (or as exactly as possible) at the same location of the red line. I've already tried to use "where" function to do that, but result was not good, because I was not able to avoid data overlap...
 I'm using NCL 6.2.0 on a system

                        giorgio at Giorgio-PC:~$ uname -a

                        Linux Giorgio-PC 3.13.0-39-generic #66-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 28 13:30:27 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux.
Thanks a lot.
Giorgio Graffino