[ncl-talk] plotgrids.ncl

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 7 07:55:45 MST 2014

Muhammad,

Many people do not know what "plotgrids.ncl" is.  I assume you are talking
about the plotgrids.ncl associated with this page:

http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/Examples/EXPERIMENTAL/wrf_show_wps_som_namelist.htm

Did you actually look at this code?  At the end of this script there are
some commented lines, showing you how to add a white dot at the location of
Washington D.C.:

; Below is an example of adding a white dot over the DC location.

  ;pmres = True
  ;pmres at gsMarkerColor = "White"
  ;pmres at gsMarkerIndex = 16
  ;pmres at gsMarkerSizeF = 0.01
  ;gsn_polymarker(wks,mp,-77.26,38.56,pmres)

You should be able to uncomment this code and change the -77.26 (longitude)
and 38.56 (latitude) to whatever values you want.

--Mary