[ncl-talk] Time vs. height (Pressure) plot not overlaying wind barbs

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Dec 24 11:17:17 MST 2014

Hi Scott,

It looks to me like you are doing everything correctly, including setting
the *XArray and *YArrays

My suggestion, to debug this, is to draw each plot individually, before
they are all overlaid.  You can do this simply by commenting out these two
lines:

  res2D at gsnDraw              = False
  res2D at gsnFrame             = False

Also, try commenting this line to see if it makes a difference:

  res2D at trGridType = "TriangularMesh"

If the above doesn't help, then try using gsn_csm_contour / gsn_csm_vector,
in place of gsn_contour and gsn_vector.  Even though you are plotting WRF
data, it's okay to use gsn_csm_xxxx functions.

If you are still having problems, then it would help if you could include
PNGs of the individual plots, and even better if you can include the data.

Thanks, and happy holidays to you!

--Mary