[ncl-talk] "x86_64" and "linux" is replace with "1" in Makefile

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 4 10:33:10 MST 2014

Jong-Gwan,

I verified this behavior, and tried to track down where/why it was
happening -- wow what a mystery!  However, it looks like you can simply
surround the -I/xxxxxx directives with quotes you won't get this string
substitution; I verified that the compiler is unfazed by the presense of
the quotes.

As a side comment, there is no IncSearch in my config/LINUX, but rather in
my config/Site.local file. My understanding is that the LINUX file is a
system maintained file and best not to edit it; the Site.local file, as its
name suggests, is the place for localized customizations.

Hope that helps...
Rick