[ncl-talk] A potential bug when reading precipitation from GFS data

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 29 00:47:48 MDT 2014

Kyle is correct about this issue. However, I would also like to point out
that there is a setfileoption call that can be used to remove the time
period suffix if you really need to. Put
setfileoption("grb","TimePeriodSuffix",False)
prior to the 'addfile' call.

This will have the effect of changing variables with names like
APCP_P8_L1_GLL0_acc6h
into
APCP_P8_L1_GLL0_acc

However, this can cause confusion if, as Kyle notes, there happen to be
separate statistical variables with different time periods.
So do this at your own risk.
 -dave