[ncl-talk] reg_multlin_stats() help page

Will Hobbs Will.Hobbs at utas.edu.au
Mon Aug 25 21:21:09 MDT 2014

Hi Guys

I've noticed a few issues on the help file for reg_multlin_stats(), which looks a lot like that for reg_multlin() (except for the examples), even though the behaviour is different.

Arguments : there's no listing for the 'opt' argument, but looking at the examples this seems to affect the behaviour (i.e. whether or not to print the ANOVA results)

Description: The description includes a dummy variable in the x-array, as for reg_multlin. However, when I include this I get an inverse_matrix() error (missing values are not allowed), and the stderr, pval and tval attributes are set to missing. I also get M+2 coefficients, with the first coeff. being always zero.

If I eliminate the dummy variable from the x-input, these issues go away and I get M+1 coeffs.

This is all consistent with the behaviour described in the examples, but is NOT the same as the behaviour in the function 'Description'

Hope that helps

Will