[ncl-talk] Skew-T

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 25 08:48:44 MDT 2014

You have an older version of NCL.

This example uses new NCL syntax called the 'reassignment operator'
introduced in February 1013. The reassignment operator is mentioned at:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/prev_releases.shtml#6.1.1

idnum   := f->wmoStaNum

To get your current version of NCL working,

Replace
    idnum    := f->wmoStaNum
    synTime := f->synTime
                  etc

With
    idnum     = f->wmoStaNum
    synTime = f->synTime

Then before the 'end do'

   delete(idnum)
   delete(synTime)

Really, since there are multiple := you could use the following before the
'end do'
to delete multiple variables in one line.

   delete( [/ idnum, synTime, ymdh, .... /] )

FYI: There will be a new release of NCL [6.2.1] in the next 10days or so.
 When that becomes available, I'd suggest updating to the latest release.
     http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/future_release.shtml

Good luck