[ncl-talk] problem with marker

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 21 09:42:50 MDT 2014

Hi,

Yes, I verified the warning on the use of the gsMarkerOpacityF resource;
looks like perhaps we need to add a xyMarkerOpacityF resource to go with
the other xyMarker***  resources.

In the meantime, you can likely get what you want by specifying you
xyMarkerColors by adding an alpha (translucency) channel to your colors.
You can take a look at RGBa colors at:

   http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/rgbacolor.shtml

and/or let me know how you are specifying your colors and I can likely show
you how to adapt your code for RGBa color.

Rick