[ncl-talk] FW: Problem in writing the output from netcdf file

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 20 11:56:42 MDT 2014

In addition to what Dennis has pointed out, the thing that seems
problematic to me is that you have used 'addfiles' in a loop to open
individual files.
do j = 0,numfils-1,1
a = addfiles(fils(j)+".nc","r")
time=a[:]->time
u1=a[:]->vrect_x(:,:,:)
u1 at _FillValue =-99
v1=a[:]->vrect_y(:,:,:)
v1 at _FillValue =-99
​​ntim    = dimsizes(time)
       end do

This is not how addfiles is used normally. It can open all the files at
once. Eliminate the do loop and use:

a = addfiles(fils + ".nc","r")

Otherwise if you want to keep the loop use "addfile" and eliminate the
list-type syntax (the brackets [:]).
 -dave