[ncl-talk] Maps of Indian states

Tabish Ansari tabishumaransari at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 11:11:34 MDT 2014

Hi

Use the following to get Indian states:

  res = True
  pltres = True
  mpres = True

  res at cnFillOn          = True               ; Create a color fill plot
  mpres at mpGeophysicalLineColor = "Black"
  mpres at mpNationalLineColor    = "Black"
  mpres at mpGridLineColor        = "Black"
  mpres at mpLimbLineColor        = "Black"
  mpres at mpPerimLineColor       = "Black"
  mpres at mpDataBaseVersion = "MediumRes"
  mpres at mpDataSetName = "Earth..4"
  mpres at mpProvincialLineColor   = "Black"
  mpres at mpOutlineBoundarySets = "AllBoundaries"
  mpres at mpDataResolution = "Coarsest"

Also switch to latest version of NCL (6.2.0)

Hope it helps!

On 16 August 2014 16:38, ashwinD12 . <winash12 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>            Has there been any progress on this topic since this last
> exchange of messages back in 2006 ?
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/talk_archives/2006/0120.html
>
> Secondly from this example -
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/polyg_9.ncl
>
> where does one obtain the ASCII file that are used in this code ?
>
> What are my options currently other than explicitly supplying lat/lon
> boundaries for each Indian state on my own ?
>
> Would this be a template for coming up with my state map ?
>
> https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/maponly_25.ncl
>
> I want to superpose distributed rainfall amounts on a particular state
> along with it's natural topography if possible using NCL. Possible ?
>
> Regards,
> Ashwin.

Thanks & Regards
Tabish Umar Ansari
MS Research Scholar
Environmental & Water Resources Engineering Division
Department of Civil Engineering
IIT Madras