[ncl-talk] do loop and rtest problem

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Wed Aug 13 07:59:21 MDT 2014

Marcia,
	See some of my comments for each line below.  Next time send the list the specific error messages and/or the whole ncl code.  The error messages are usually very specific about the problem, which would save the list from trying to guess at the problem.

You may just have a typo with respect to esacr() / escar()  but the other comments I think are still valid.

> ;====  rtest ====================================
> ;==== dimension : sst_DJF_anom(time,lat,lon), indx_sst(time)
> ;=============================================

> rr_DJF=sst_DJF_anom(lat|:,lon|:,time|:)
>

> do LAG=0,dimsizes(indx_sst)-1			; Is this the whole code ? Where was indx_sst defined?
>  crr_indx=escar(indx_sst,LAG)			; Do you mean for crr_indx to just keep being over written ?
>  crr_DJF=escar(rr_DJF,LAG)				; Also what is escar()  It doesn’t appear to be an NCL supported function?
									  ; Do you mean to be using esccr ()  or esacr () ?
> end do
>
> c =0
> do i=1,dimsizes(indx_sst)
>  c= c+crr_indx*crr_DJF		; Again is you’re just multiplying by 2 scalar values and incrementing c. Not sure what the point of this is.
> end do
>
> d = 1+ 2*c
>

> df = dimsizes(indx_sst)/d
>
>  r_test=rtest(rtmp, df, 0)		;  Where was rtmp defined?   Was it defined ?

Alan.

Alan Brammer,
PhD candidate,

Department of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences,
University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, NY, 12222
abrammer at albany.edu