[ncl-talk] Fatal error with running plotgrids_new.ncl

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sat Aug 9 23:16:51 MDT 2014

Ashwin,

You were correct to post this kind of question to ncl-talk and not wrfhelp,
because this is indeed an NCL error.

The error is coming out of some internal code that attaches primitives to a
plot, like polylines, polygons, or polymarkers.  From what I can see from
the internal code, it looks like you might be passing an array of all
missing values to a routine like gsn_polyline, gsn_polymarker, or similar.

What is on line 200 of your util/plotgrids_new.ncl file?  If it is a call
to one of these routines, then I suggest that you print out the x and y
arrays that you are passing to it to make sure they are valid values.

--Mary