[ncl-talk] triple2grid

Manisha Ganeshan manisha.ganeshan86 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 15:56:09 MDT 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to use the *natgrid* function in a manner similar to the
*triple2grid*, i.e. basically to interpolate onto a lat lon grid. In my
case, the advantage of the *natgrid* function over *triple2grid* is that
multiple neighborhood (randomly spaced) observations can be utilized for
interpolating onto a map.
I figured I will have to convert the lat lon coordinates to 1D cartesian
(X,Y) coordinates in order to use *natgrid*. This is however easier said
than done, because my map domain is over the north pole (60 to 90 N), which
means my *xo* and *yo* (output X, Y grid dimensions) will have to be 2D.
*natgrid* currently requires 1D arrays for the same. Any suggestions for a
work around?

Thanks,
Nisha