[ncl-talk] Error: gsn plot: All of the plots passed to gsn_panel appear to be invalid

Ipshita Majhi ipmajhi at alaska.edu
Wed Aug 6 17:45:17 MDT 2014

Hi,

I am trying to plot 12 plots in one panel. Each column with 4 plots and
three columns like that. Here is the code, I would be grateful if you could
tell me where the error is. Thanking you in advance
;     To plot decadal plots
; ===========================================
;
; Concepts illustrated:
;   - Specifying how many plots to draw in each row
;   - Left-justifying and centering paneled plots
;
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"

begin

 ;=============================================
; data processing
;=============================================
 x=asciiread("~/Documents/PhD_June_2015/NCL_Moonsoon/Data_output/all_month_decade",(/13,12/),
"float")
 year_decadal=ispan(1880,2012,10)
;==============================================
; create plot
;=============================================

 wks  = gsn_open_wks ("ps", "panel" )
 plot = new ( 12 , graphic)

 hres                          = True
 hres at gsnDraw                  = False
 hres at gsnFrame                 = False

 hres at tiMainString             = "Decadal Mean"

 hres at cnLevelSelectionMode     = "ManualLevels"     ; manual levels
 hres at cnMinLevelValF           = -10.
 hres at cnMaxLevelValF           =  10.
 hres at cnLevelSpacingF          = 2.

; create panel
 pres                 = True
 pres at gsnPanelRowSpec = True                   ; tell panel what order to
plt
 gsn_panel(wks,plot,(/4,4,4/),pres)

 pres at gsnPanelCenter  = False
 gsn_panel(wks,plot,(/4,4,4/),pres)