[ncl-talk] Panel plots direction (top to bottom first, then left to right)

Kyle Griffin ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu
Wed Aug 6 11:40:31 MDT 2014

There are a couple ways you can do this in the looping sense. You can
re-arrange the plots in the gsn_panel call...

gsn_panel(wks,(/plotpanel(0),plotpanel(4),plotpanel(1),plotpanel(5),..../),(/4,2/),pres)

Or you could devise a counter that would handle this alternation with a bit
of math, and then just assign each plot to the graphics array per its panel

panel_idx = ((phase-1)%2*4)+((phase-1)/2)
plotpanel(panel_idx) = plot

P.S. make sure ncl-talk is in your reply-to when you respond (usually a
reply-all works just fine), just so everyone can keep up with the
conversation and others can help as well.

Kyle

Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Room 1421
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Email: ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu