[ncl-talk] Unable to read shapefile attribute table correctly

Peirong Lin peironglinlin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 15:13:44 MDT 2014

Dear NCL,

I am using the following NCL code to read a shapefile attribute table
(which allows further computation), but when I printed out all the
"COMIDs", they are all "0". But when I open the shapefile in ArcGIS, the
COMIDs can be correctly shown. Can anybody provide some hints to resolve
this?

*begin*

*shp_file        = "./NHDFlowline.shp"*

*f       = addfile(shp_file,"r")*

*varnames        = getfilevarnames(f)*

*print("varnames = "+varnames)*

*COMIDs  = f->COMID*

*print(COMIDs)*

*end*

I've already made sure the COMID is a variable in the shapefile, but the
values just cannot be read correctly. Thank you in advance for replying!!

Best,
Peirong

--
*Peirong Lin* (Ms.)