[ncl-install] install ncl with conda

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 19 10:54:18 MDT 2018

Hi Xiang,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble installing NCL using conda.

Based on the error message, it seems like the issue might just be that the anaconda.org <http://anaconda.org/> server was temporarily unavailable at the time you ran the create/install commands. Have you tried running the commands again, and if so does it still result in the same error? Could you also please try visiting the url in the error message <https://conda.anaconda.org/conda-forge/noarch/repodata.json> in a browser to see if it’s just conda that is affected or whether your machine is unable to reach that server entirely?

I found this discussion <https://github.com/conda/conda/issues/6007> on the conda Github repository, which contains several possible solutions to this problem. Please let us know if you continue to have issues getting conda to work.

I hope this helps,
Kevin