[ncl-install] Problem with libudunits2 library

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 6 10:38:13 MST 2018

Blandine,

It looks like you have a version of NCL that was built with shared
libraries. If you use the conda version of NCL, then you shouldn't run into
problems like this.  If you installed NCL from the Earth System Grid, then
there should not be a dependency to libudunits2.so.0

How did you install NCL on your system?

Can you type the following from a UNIX command line and send the input back
to ncl-install:

which ncl
ncl -V
ldd `which ncl`
env | grep UD

What I'm trying to determine is what shared library dependencies your "ncl"
executable has, and whether you might have set some UDUNITS environment
variable in the past that points to some old version that doesn't exist any
more.  The reference to /usr/local/lib/libudunnits2.so.0 is a little
suspicious to me.