[ncl-install] Problems installing NCL on Windows 10 Linux Bash shell

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 12 13:59:29 MDT 2018

Hi Jim,

Since you’re using Ubuntu 16.04, I would suggest trying the ncl_ncarg-6.4.0-Debian8.6_64bit_gnu492.tar.gz download: https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.640.dap/file.html <https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.640.dap/file.html>

Please let me know if that still does not work. (You may need to install a few dependency pacakges.)

When our documentation <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/windows_linux_subsystem.shtml> was written, only Ubuntu 14.04 was available for the Windows 10 Linux subsystem. I’ll try to test this myself and update the documentation to include information for Ubuntu 16.04 (and possibly the other available distributions) in the near future. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Kevin