[ncl-install] Install NCL with conda - gsl package problem

Shu Tu sht213 at lehigh.edu
Tue Oct 31 08:55:46 MDT 2017

Dear Sir or Madam,

When I tried to install NCL with conda, I met the following problem:

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libgsl.19.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/calmdown/anaconda/envs/ncl_stable/bin/ncl
  Reason: Incompatible library version: ncl requires version 22.0.0 or later, but libgsl.19.dylib provides version 20.0.0

I followed the suggestion on the following website:

http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/ncl-install/2017-July/002406.html <http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/ncl-install/2017-July/002406.html>

tried the command:
conda create -n ncl_dev -c ncar -c conda-forge ncl=dev gsl
But it did not work. In addition, I tried to update gsl library directly and it did not work too.

Do you have any suggestions for this problem? I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Shu Tu