[ncl-install] possible directory error in ncl-6.4.0 test script?

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 30 12:11:00 MDT 2017

Hi Sam,

Your configuration appears to be correct. Please note that setting NCARG_RANGS is only necessary if the lib/ncarg/database/rangs directory is in a non-standard location relative to NCARG_ROOT; in your case, it seems that setting NCARG_RANGS should not be necessary, although having it set should not cause any problems.

The ng4ex script is not essential to running NCL and is frequently used to test a variety of NCL scripts to determine if a new NCL binary built from source has all of its features enabled. Could you please run “ncl $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclex/xyplot/xy01n.ncl” to try running this example directly? That should tell us if the issue is in the ng4ex script or in NCL itself.

Thanks,
Kevin