[ncl-install] /lib/ncarg/resfiles does not exist

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 25 09:14:47 MDT 2017

Dear Vanisa,

You must subscribe to ncl-install before you can post to it:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/email_lists.shtml

Meanwhile, your problem may simply be that NCARG_ROOT is not set to the
correct directory.

How exactly did you uncompress and untar the the gzipped tar file? That is,
are you sure that you extracted it into the directory /home/drathar/NCL?
You can check for this by simply typing the following commands from a
terminal window:

ls /home/drathar/NCL/bin/ncl
ls /home/drathar/NCL/lib/libncarg.a

These are just a couple of files that are part of the NCL distribution. If
you don't see these files, then either the tar command didn't work for some
reason, or you untarred the file in a directory other than
/home/drathar/NCL.

If you continue to have problems with this, please subscribe to the
ncl-install email list using the above link and then send your email to
ncl-install at ucar.edu. Please include detailed information about how you are
extracting the file.

Note that the subscription process requires you to respond to an automated
message before the subscription is complete.

Good luck,

--Mary