[ncl-install] v6.4.0 with non-OPeNDAP

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue May 30 10:05:37 MDT 2017

Hi Helen,

We don't have a non-OPeNDAP version of NCL for Cygwin, and it won't hurt if
you use the OPeNDAP version. With NCL version 6.3.0, we didn't provide a
non-opendap version either, so you are likely using an OPeNDAP-enabled
version already.

The OPeNDAP-enabled version of NCL allows you to use "addfile" to access
data files on the web that are served by OPeNDAP servers. The reason we
provide different versions of NCL is because the OPeNDAP version requires
additional software be installed on your system, which some users find to
be a pain.

Since you are likely already running an OPeNDAP version of NCL on Cygwin,
this means you already have the additional software needed, so you should
be good to go.

--Mary

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 5:14 AM, Helen Macintyre <Helen.Macintyre at phe.gov.uk