[ncl-install] Problems build ncl 6.4.0 on Archlinux

Xavier Corredor Llano xcorredorl at unal.edu.co
Mon May 22 23:19:44 MDT 2017

On Wednesday, 17 May 2017 16:44:51 -05 David Brown wrote:
> Hi Xavier,
>
> I am not sure why you are having a problem with the HDF-EOS2 library
> because it depends only on HDF4. It has no dependencies on HDF5.
> However, regarding HDF-EOS5, it needs some source code patches in
> order to compile with HDF5 1.10.1. I managed to build it yesterday. I
> created a diff file that documents the changes I made. I do not think
> it is in a format that you could use to patch the source
> automatically, although maybe it would work. Anyway I am attaching it
> in case you want to try to add the HDF-EOS5 library to your NCL
> package for Arch-Linux.
>  -dave

Thanks a lot David, the patch work perfect, attached you found the same patch
but converted (for build HDF-EOS5 with hdf5 1.10.x). And yes, I had only have
compiles problems with hdf-eos5, with this patch, I enabled again the hdf-eos
2 and 5 in ncl archLinux package.

Thanks, regards

Xavier Corredor Ll.