[ncl-install] Problems build ncl 6.4.0 on Archlinux

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Wed May 17 15:44:51 MDT 2017

Hi Xavier,

I am not sure why you are having a problem with the HDF-EOS2 library
because it depends only on HDF4. It has no dependencies on HDF5.
However, regarding HDF-EOS5, it needs some source code patches in
order to compile with HDF5 1.10.1. I managed to build it yesterday. I
created a diff file that documents the changes I made. I do not think
it is in a format that you could use to patch the source
automatically, although maybe it would work. Anyway I am attaching it
in case you want to try to add the HDF-EOS5 library to your NCL
package for Arch-Linux.
 -dave