[ncl-install] load command not found

Dawit Abebe dawit.kan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 09:01:01 MDT 2017

Dear Mary,

I am having a problem running the “load” command. Through step-by-step use of “cd" and “ls” commands I confirmed that the files that wanted to load (i.e. gun_code.ncl,  gsn_csm.ncl, and contributed.ncl) are there is in the “csm”directory. According to the command “which nil” , I am operating from myncl/bin/ncl (see below). I think, I should change this part of the path to myncl/lib instead of myncl/bin to reach to the files I wanted to load. Is my logic correct? If that should be done, how should I change this path? If my assumption is wrong all together, kindly get me to right direction.

Thank you so much

Dawit

Dagemawes-MacBook-Pro:~ dawitabebe$ source activate myncl
(myncl) Dagemawes-MacBook-Pro:~ dawitabebe$ load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
-bash: load: command not found
(myncl) Dagemawes-MacBook-Pro:~ dawitabebe$ conda info --envs
# conda environments:
#
myncl                 *  /Users/dawitabebe/miniconda3/envs/myncl
root                     /Users/dawitabebe/miniconda3

(myncl) Dagemawes-MacBook-Pro:~ dawitabebe$ which ncl
/Users/dawitabebe/miniconda3/envs/myncl/bin/ncl
(myncl) Dagemawes-MacBook-Pro:~ dawitabebe$