[ncl-install] Trouble with NCL 6.4.0 (symbol not found _ZdaPvm)

Andrea Jenney andrea at atmos.colostate.edu
Thu Mar 16 11:03:12 MDT 2017

Hi ncl-install,

I have been trying to update to the latest release of NCL (6.4.0) and I have been encountering this error message when I try to run it:

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZdaPvm
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/ncl
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
 in /usr/local/bin/ncl
Abort

I have tried updating to the newest operating system (Mac OS 10.12.3-Sierra), updating gfortran, and reinstalling the X11 libraries as well as updating to the newest Xquartz. What seems to be the problem?

Thank you!

Andrea
---
Andrea Jenney
Graduate Research Assistant | Randall Group
Colorado State University | Department of Atmospheric Science