[ncl-install] New NCL version

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 2 10:56:13 MST 2017

Hi Siraj,

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but the “conda create” command I provided before is actually incorrect:
conda create -n ncl_ncar -c ncar -c conda-forge ncl=6.4.0

The command should have been:
conda create -n ncl_ncar -c conda-forge -c ncar ncl=6.4.0

If you used the first command and experienced issues running NCL, it is exactly for that reason that the order of “-c conda-forge -c ncar” matters.

In order to fix a conda environment that was created using the incorrect command, please run the following with the desired conda environment activated:
conda update --all -c conda-forge -c ncar ncl=6.4.0

Again, I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for you or any other NCL users.

Kevin