[ncl-install] Plotting example failure for NCL 6.40 under Ubuntu

Trostel, John M. john.trostel at gtri.gatech.edu
Fri Mar 3 13:24:18 MST 2017

I upgraded by binaries on my Ubuntu 16.04 to 6.4.0 this afternoon and ran the standard "ng4ex gsun01n.ncl" command.  It's been a while and I don't remember if this worked with 6.3.0, but for 6.4.0 the example doesn't display well in the X11 windows.  By modifying the script to xpgm, and then running "ctrans -d X11 gsun01n.ncgm?", the plots look OK.

Was a simple fix discovered, that I may have forgotten about, to solve this X window problem?

--
John Trostel
Director - Severe Storms Research Center