[ncl-install] Trouble installing NCL in Cygwin

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sat Feb 4 07:03:27 MST 2017

Karimar,

It looks like you might be missing some system libraries, but your error
message doesn't appear to have the full information, so I can't tell which
oens you are missing.

Generally, if the error contains the name of the offending library, say,
"libabc.so", then you can run the same Cygwin/X setup86.exe program again
to install it.

Run the setup86.exe program again, and enter the name of the missing
library in the search window. I would just enter the "abc" part of the
name. (You need to replace "abc" with the name of whatever library you are
missing.)

This will hopefully bring up one or more categories with a "+" next to
them.  Click on the "+" to expand that section, and you will see the
package that contains that library. You can then select the package for
installation, and follow all the options in the setup program to install
the new libraries.

You will need to exit from your current Cygwin/X session and bring up a new
one to try running NCL again.

If you continue to have problems, you can keep doing this process as
necessary.  You may also want to visit:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml#InstallCygwinX

to see if you are missing any other packages you need to install.

--Mary