[ncl-install] osx 10.11 libfontconfig

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 27 12:19:27 MDT 2016

Hi all,

You should read this if you struggled with installing NCL V6.3.0 on Mac OS
10.11 (El Capitan).

I've already worked with Michael offline on this (thanks for his patience),
and have compiled a new version of NCL that no longer has the
"/usr/local/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib" dependency issue that a lot of
people were running into.

You can download the new El Capitan binary from either location:

OPeNDAP version: https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.630.0/file.html

(file "ncl_ncarg-6.3.0.MacOS_10.11_64bit_gcc610.tar.gz
<https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/download/fileDownload.html?logicalFileId=fa161bc1-84c7-11e6-8aa0-00c0f03d5b7c>
")

or

non OPeNDAP version:
https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.630.1/file.html

(file "ncl_ncarg-6.3.0.MacOS_10.11_64bit_nodap_gcc610.tar.gz
<https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/download/fileDownload.html?logicalFileId=4b7137ab-84ca-11e6-8aa0-00c0f03d5b7c>
")

--Mary