[ncl-install] Conda Install Report

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 16 12:30:38 MDT 2016

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reporting back with your results so far!

Could you please run the following commands and reply with the output:

echo $SHELL
echo $NCARG_ROOT
which ncargpath
ncargpath root

Given that the error message printed by ng4ex references the directory “/usr/share/ncarg”, I wonder if there may be an issue with how $NCARG_ROOT is being set or detected.

As for the issue running run-all-ex.sh, I believe that script runs a suite of tests provided with the hdf4 package, and the VD_create_vdatas program compiled by that test is not properly linking with the libjpeg.so.8 provided by the conda environment.

The directory $CONDA_ENV_PATH/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyNGL/ncarg/pynglex should contain about 100 scripts that can be used to test PyNGL. (Some of these scripts require that you also have PyNIO installed.)

Thanks again,
Kevin