[ncl-install] Conda Install Report

HAVENER, KEVIN F GS-12 USAF ACC 14 WS/WXED kevin.havener at us.af.mil
Wed Mar 16 10:12:15 MDT 2016

I created an environment and installed ncl under my personal conda python 2.7.10 environment.  Install went fine as far as I can tell.

Was surprised to see conda-ncl install a Python3 environment.  Good job.
Tried to run the example suite as a test:
  ncl -V:   r16433            ;;expected
  ng4ex gsun01n: resource </usr/share/ncarg/resfile> does not exist  ;;unexpected

Shouldn't the test/example suite run?  I did check to make sure that I was running the right ncl.

As an aside:

Same issue with pyngl/pynio.  Install went well.  Examples didn't run with "libjpeg.so.8 not found" during VD_create vdatas .  Here I tried to run the examples by using the run-all-ex.sh in the ~/anaconda2/envs/pyngl_test/share directory.  Seems like the pynglex script on the website is outdated/not included?

Kevin Havener