[ncl-install] Ncl Mac Troubleshooting

Alyssa aatwood at uw.edu
Tue Mar 15 18:42:29 MDT 2016

Hi Mary,

I am also having troubles downloading NCL on my new Mac (running OS X 10.11.3). I have downloaded the OPeNDAP-enabled Mac 10.10 version of NCL (ncl_ncarg-6.3.0.MacOS_10.10_64bit_gcc492). When I type "ncl -V”, the output is “6.3.0”. But when I type "ng4ex xy01n -clean”, I receive the following error message:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgomp.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/ncargpath
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

I have updated my version of gcc to 4.9.3. The file libgomp.1.dylib exists in the location: /opt/local/lib/gcc49.

In .profile, I have the following:

export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
# Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with MacPorts.
export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local/ncl-6.3.0
export PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH
export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib/gcc49
export PATH=/opt/local/lib/gcc49:$PATH
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib/gcc49

Do you know what the issue is here? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Kind regards,
Alyssa