[ncl-install] Library Issues While Installing on OS X

Christopher Callahan c.callahan45 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 11:32:58 MDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm attempting to install NCL on my Mac laptop (OS X 10.11, El Capitan),
but running into some issues with various libraries. I can get the "ncl"
command to return the right information (the version, the copy right,
etc.), but once I try a test command like "ng4ex gsun01n -clean," I run
into trouble. The terminal returns:

> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgomp.1.dylib
> referenced from: /usr/local/ncl-6.3.0/bin/ncargpath
> reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap

The NCL website says the way to fix this problem is by downloading the
newest gcc compilers, but I believe I've done that already. gcc49 is
installed on my computer, in any case.

One other note: I can find libgomp.1.dylib in Finder, but when I open it up
it gives me a "cannot execute binary file," as do the rest of the files in
the same folder. I believe I'm running the right version (64-bit), so I'm
not sure whether that's an issue or not.

Thanks so much!
Chris Callahan