[ncl-install] NCL binaries for debian 8 "jessie"?

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 4 13:34:19 MST 2016

Hi Russ,

I just logged onto some of our Debian systems to see if any of them had
been upgraded to 8, but I haven't seen any so far.

However, I just checked the "ncl" executable on a Debian 7.9 system to see
what its dependencies were, and I didn't see a reference to "librtmp".

Which NCL binary did you download?

The other issues you are having are likely related to running a version of
NCL that is not a good match for your system. Maybe we can find you a
"better" Debian binary that won't have these problems. I first need to know
which NCL binary you are are using, so I don't give you that one.

--Mary