[ncl-install] Problem installing NCL using conda

HAVENER, KEVIN F GS-12 USAF ACC 14 WS/WXED kevin.havener at us.af.mil
Thu Aug 4 11:06:47 MDT 2016

I installed the conda version of pynio/pyngl and ran into a similar error, but I don't think it was a conflict with another libnetcdf.so because when I looked at my pyn_test environment lib directory, I saw that libnetcdf.so.11 was installed and the error indicated that it was looking for libnetcdf.so.7.  I made a symlink from libnetcdf.so.11 to libnetcdf.so.7  within the pyn_test environment and it worked from then on.

But I can also verify that the libnetcdf with a fully updated base anaconda install environment does indeed install libnetcdf.so.7 and netCDF-4.3.3.1.  So that was likely the cause in this case and maybe in my pyn_test case as well.  I'll have to check into that.

Kevin Havener