[ncl-install] HDF-EOS5 build issues

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri May 29 14:38:09 MDT 2015

https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/home.htm

Click on "NCL : NCAR Command Language"

and navigate your way to whichever version you want. This is the same place
where you get the NCL source code.

Download instructions are at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/

In the near future, we hope to offer NCL under the conda package manager,
so you can type:

  conda install ncl

I believe enterprising folks have already put NCL under other linux package
managers. You could try:

  yum install ncl

for example.

Jerry,

A few years ago, Carter Borst provided me with a build script he used to
build all the external packagesNCL needs, and NCL itself, on various
systems. I've attached this script in case it can be helpful. (Build-NCL.sh)

I've also attached a shell script that I've used to build the external
packages that NCL depends on.  This one doesn't build NCL itself.  I have
separate scripts for this, as I tend to build NCL on a lot of different
systems that don't necessarily share the same disk space.
--Mary