[ncl-install] How to implement fully automated unattended building of NCL

Liu Jianyu jerry_leo at msn.com
Wed May 6 20:02:10 MDT 2015

Hi,

Appreciating all kindly responses.

We do need these on our HPC cluster

    multi-version of ncl
    multi-compiler instance of ncl, such as build for gnu, intel, pgi, etc.,
    localized dependency libraries instance of ncl, such as libc++, netcdf,  hdf5, etc.
    compiled with rpath, etc.

Once the compiler got upgraded,  it has to build a lot of appropriate instances of ncl, really a boring job. So wanted to make life easier by using certain of ‘answer file’ to do a automatic unattended building.

So the package managers or open build service looks like not the best choices.

Thanks for further comments

Regards

Jerry