[ncl-install] Install NCL Windows 8

Tainá taina.martins1 at yahoo.com.br
Thu Mar 19 09:41:11 MDT 2015

Hi everyone!
I am having trouble installing NCL in Windows 8. I have followed all steps with success, until this one:
Every user of NCL needs to set their environment before they can use NCL. You can do this by opening your "c:\cygwin\home\xxx\.bashrc" (or "c:\cygwin\home\xxx\.bash_profile" if ".bashrc" doesn't exist) file with a UNIX editor and adding the lines:    export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local
    export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
Please note that you must use a UNIX editor to change this file, and not a Windows application like "notepad". The UNIX editor should be invoked from a Cygwin or X/Cygwin window. If you are unfamiliar with UNIX editors, we recommend that you use nedit, which is available through the Cygwin "setup.exe" program.

I noticed that nedit was not selected when I first installed the Cygwin, so I ran the setup.exe again and selected the nedit package.
But when I type nedit -V in the Cygwin prompt, it shows an error message:
/usr/bin/nedit.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cygXm-2.dll:cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
Could anyoe help me with that?
Thank you very much!!