[ncl-install] can't create .ps or .pdf output

Mark Johnson chisox95 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 21:50:15 MDT 2015

I have installed ncl-6.3.0 in Ubuntu 14.04.  I have set
NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local/ncl-6.3.0 and PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin$:PATH
The test  ng4ex gsun01n -clean works but when I try and create a .ps or
.pdf file, for example using  the panel_1.ncl example I am unable to open
document  and get an error saying File type plain text document
(text/plain) is not supported. This also occured when I installed ncl-6.1.2
using the Ubuntu software center. I am missing something but what?

Thanks
Mark Johnson