[ncl-install] ncl install problem

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sat Jul 11 20:45:25 MDT 2015

Yunfang,

Either you have a gfortran than is much older or much newer than what this
binary was built with (V4.9.2), or else your gfortran is installed in a
non-standard location and NCL can't find the libgfortran.3.dylib file.

What does the following report on your system:

gfortran --version
which gfortran
find libgfortran.3.dylib
locate libgfortran.3.dylib

If it looks like gfortran doesn't reside on your system, then please read
these notes about MacOS and gfortran:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/macosx.shtml#InstallCompilers

--Mary