[ncl-install] Failed Returns

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Sep 22 08:37:41 MDT 2014

Sage,

This problem usually happens if you have an older version of Cygwin, or
else you installed the 64-bit version of Cygwin.

We do not have a 64-bit version of NCL for Cygwin, because many of the
external software packages that NCL depends on have not been ported to
64-bit Cygwin yet.

To make sure you have the correct Cygwin, please read over the notes at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml

--Mary