[ncl-install] Failed Returns

Andorka, Sage (IS) Sage.Andorka at ngc.com
Mon Sep 22 07:39:32 MDT 2014

Good Morning,

I'm trying to run the ncl 6.2.1 Cygwin program.  I installed following the directions and set all the environment variables.  However when I test the program with "ncl -V", nothing is returned.  When "which ncl" is done, "/usr/local/bin/ncl" is returned.

If I try "ncl_dump --help"   the help is returned, but when I try to dump a GRB2, nothing is returned.
The "xeyes" test works fine.

"uname -a"
CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64 ... i686 Cygwin

Thank you for your help,

Sage Andorka
Northrop Grumman - Information Systems
Space Weather Analysis and Forecasting Systems (SWAFS)
Systems Engineering
Office:  719-393-8432

"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems. And that's a big mistake."
- Frank Wilczek