[ncl-install] about ncarg graphics

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Mar 28 12:31:08 MDT 2014

Sangeeta,

When you download NCL, you also get NCAR Graphics.

You can try a quick test to see if NCAR Graphics is working on your machine.

ncargex agex01 -W x11 -clean

This should copy a program called "agex01.f" to your current directory, compile it, run it, and produce an X11 window with a graphic. You need to click on this window with your left mouse button to make it go away.

If it is not working, then please include the full output from the "ncargex" command, including the error.

--Mary