[ncl-install] install question

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 13 10:01:17 MDT 2014

Hi Tianyi,

It looks like you might have downloaded an OPeNDAP version of NCL, which
has dependencies on the libraries you see.  If you don't need OPeNDAP
capabilities, then I recommend downloading a non-OPeNDAP version.  If
you're not sure what OPeNDAP is, visit:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/opendap.shtml

Also, read this short section on which NCL binary to choose:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/#Download

If you need an OPenDAP NCL, then you will need to install these system
libraries. See here for more information:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/linux.shtml#SharedLibraries

--Mary