[ncl-install] I would like to provide built binary of NCL for SUSE linux enterprise

Shi-Pei Hsu hsushipei1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 02:03:14 MDT 2014

Hi,
       I'm previously a user of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server(SLES) 10.2 and
try to install NCL-6.x but I then faced some troubles. There are some
reasons for the failure of installation : SLES-10.2 is too old (release in
mid 2009) and its software repository is small. I hardly can use its
package manager, "zypper" to install the NCL dependencies, so I decided to
build NCL from source.
       With Mary's kindly help, I've successfully built NCL-6.1.2 with
gcc-4.1.2. I enabled almost all extensions like GDAL/Proj, HDF, except
Vis5D+ only. I've heard that there are a few users are using SLES-10.x and
having problem with the installation in the ncl-install forum, so I decided
to provide the NCL binary for SLES-10.x with gcc-4.1.2. It can be
downloaded from the following link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikv2z6cva0ajvqh/ncl_ncarg-6.1.2.Linux_SLES10.2_x86_64_gcc412.tar.gz

I hope ncl-install team can offer this built binary to those who is using
the old SUSE systems.

Thank you very much!

Best,
Jack