[ncl-install] NCARG_ROOT

dknollhoff at gvtc.com dknollhoff at gvtc.com
Fri Jan 24 14:12:26 MST 2014

Hi Mary,

I am still not having much success.

I typed in env | grep SHELL and got

SHELL=/bin/bash

When I typed in ls -la ~/ I did see the .bashrc file.

Where within this .bashrc file though do I insert the NCARG_ROOT environment variable and the search path lines? Within the .bashrc file, does it matter where I insert the following lines:?

export NCARG_ROOT=~/Downloads

export PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH

With best regards,

Dave