[ncl-install] NCL and NCARG

Cao,Zuohao [Ontario] Zuohao.Cao at ec.gc.ca
Wed Feb 5 08:20:59 MST 2014

To Whom It May Concern:

Good morning!

I am trying to install NCL/NCARG under Cygwin/X (Windows) (32 bit).
After I install Cygwin and NCL, I have typed the following commands and
got the messages as follows:

(1) $ ncl -V

/usr/local/bin/ncl: error while loading shared libraries:
cyggfortran-3.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

(2) $ cp $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclex/xyplot/xy04n.ncl .

(3) $ ncl xy04n.ncl

/usr/local/bin/ncl: error while loading shared libraries:
cyggfortran-3.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

It looks like that there is no file "cyggfortran-3.dll" in the ncl
package? I have installed several times and got the same error messages.
Could you please let me know how this problem can be solved? Many
thanks.

Best regards,

Zuohao

Zuohao Cao, Ph. D., Research Scientist

Environment Canada

Meteorological Service of Canada

National Research Lab for Nowcasting and Remote Sensing

4905 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M3H 5T4

E-mail: zuohao.cao at ec.gc.ca

Tel: 416-739-4551 Fax: 416-739-4721